Complete Care for Your Whole Pet
In addition to traditional Western medicine, Minnetonka Animal Hospital also offers integrative Eastern tradition medical exams. This includes pet acupuncture, chiropractic care, and herbal/food therapies. These treatments may be a primary strategy, or they may complement and enhance conventional care. In any situation, you can rely on our team to take a holistic approach and to not exclude certain techniques simply because they originate from a different medical tradition.
What is Integrative Medicine?
Integrative medicine refers to the evaluation of patients using several different health disciplines. At Minnetonka Animal Hospital, we incorporate Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine (TCVM), which includes acupuncture, herbal medicine, and food therapy, as well as chiropractic care. We also utilize Western herbal medications and supplements. These approaches can be used alone or in tandem with conventional veterinary medicine to support the health of your pet.
The Value of a Holistic Approach
Rather than treating a specific illness or injury, holistic medicine treats the patient as a whole. At Minnetonka Animal Hospital, we believe all parts are connected, and your pet’s lifestyle and interactions are important factors in any care plan. With this approach, we commit to the following:
- We select the most effective and least toxic medicines available.
- We learn from you about your pet’s daily routine and habits.
- We ask about the types of care you feel comfortable performing at home.
- We make preventive care a priority by educating owners and providing helpful resources.
- If your pet has multiple health issues, we help you find treatment options that ensure the best quality of life for your companion.
- We advocate for healthy pet lifestyles, which includes high-quality diets and appropriate nutritional supplements.
- To the extent you feel comfortable, we place the power in your hands when evaluating your pet for signs of pain or symptoms of disease.